Put your email in the bar below to receive the my latest writings and news.

Mid-stream

Jonny Venters is getting his second Tommy John Surgery. For those of you who do not know he is a relief pitcher for the Atlanta Braves and now has had his career effectively ended. If he invested properly he should be set for life and I am in no way writing this post as a crazed sports fan lamenting for a player. Personally I think there is a huge problem in our economic system and how funds are distributed, however that is not the point here. What I want to talk about here is how quickly things can change.

Venters's life will change forever now because of his elbow. He may become a pitching coach or a scout, but he most likely will never pitch again. His predicament is not unique to himself or even sports in general. I watched a coworker struggle with back pain today. Pain that has plagued him since he fell out of a tree many years ago. I have watched my father overcome a myriad of injuries to pursue music. It seems like everyone I know has a physical or mental ailment of some sort that they have to overcome in their everyday life.

Sometimes, many times, people can overcome these ailments to live a full life. There are times, like the one presented to Venters, where you can not overcome them. Sometimes life throws something at you that truly changes your path. And for this reason I think it is important that we remember what we truly have, cherish, and nourish it.

I do not want this post to get long and unwieldy, but instead want it to be short and sweet. I want to remind us that while we need to cherish our relationships with others we also need to take time to cherish ourselves.

Our bodies and our minds are amazing things and we need to take advantage of the wonderful gift that we have. We need to try and better our-self and do every thing that we want.

When overseas in Greece and Dubai that is the attitude I took. I tried every thing I could and did everything that I wanted and now when I look back at those trips I truly have no regrets about them. Personally I find that most of my worries and regrets come from feeling like my day was unfulfilled. I find that I can boil many of the negative feelings in my life back to the regrets or the worry of the unfulfilled.

As the Gandhi once said "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever." And with that I invite all of you to come with me as we live life to its fullest so we will have no regrets. So we can live with the joy that a regret-less life can create and bring.

If you enjoyed this please share this with someone else who would also enjoy it.

Also you may also want to check out:

Reflections of a Flag.

A Lesson Not Learned: Deceleration of Wall Street's Love 

My Best to Brubeck and his Family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment