Put your email in the bar below to receive the my latest writings and news.

Where does it end

At a very young age we are all taught the same lessons. To be honest, to play nice with others, to share, to be truthful and nice. Watching the news today and for the past few weeks I feel like I am being continually bombarded with actions contrary to our basic beliefs. Maybe this is what is inspiring me to write the lesson not learned. I know soon some of these things may turn into stories, but until then all I feel is a little dread and sorrow as the actions of the few we look up too take shape.

Watching Hilary Clinton's recent inquiry on capital hill and watching the new's coverage of it would lead one to believe that neither one had anything to do with one another. The way that Clinton's words were used against her was appalling. Many new's networks would splice sentences just for a sound bite. It is appalling and disgusting. We saw the same thing during the election from both sides. Grown men lowering themselves to the levels that even the most immature petulant child would refuse to go to.  Attack add's are nothing new and neither is this style of reporting, but our acceptance of it is. How can we accept this behavior from our supposed leaders, from the people we look up to, and gain our information, our "truth" from when we would not allow a six year old to do the same.

Everyday I hear about anti bullying and yet everyday I see it from the people we hold in the highest regard. How did we go down this path? At what point in societies development did it become okay for adults to be held to lower behavioral standards than children?

I do not know and to be honest I am still searching for something to help me find a road to travel down in search of an answer. I know this post does not have the most order or the most information, but it is something that I have been thinking of lately and is something that has inspired my writing and thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment